Machine Learning Engineer
Post date: February 2022
Alterna CX is a growing technology company. Our machine learning powered voice-of-the-customer (VoC) solution helps companies to continuously improve customer and employee satisfaction. Gartner has recently named us as promising vendor among top 3% of vendors globally in its Magic Quadrant for Voice of Customer applications, along with Forrester recognizing our proprietary technology. We are working with some of the most recognized banks, retailers and insurers in Europe and Asia.
We are looking for a strong team player who will join our growing organization to influence the culture and help build our brand.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve the ML software.
- Implement and evaluate cutting-edge machine learning algorithms over text and unstructured data.
- Research on new developments in NLP field
- Owning and managing the core ML and backend Python codebase
- Work with other Alterna teams on client projects and support the entire project lifecycle from installation to go-live and maintenance phases
- Provide ML expertise to Alterna clients where needed
- BSc in Computer Science or a related degree
- MSc in Machine Learning/Data Science is a plus
- Minimum 3 years of software development experience mainly on ML, especially on NLP
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Strong development skills, with proficiency in Python
- In-depth understanding of machine learning fundamentals and libraries libraries like PyTorch, TensorFlow, Numpy, Pandas, Gensim etc.
- Kaggle achievements would be a plus
- Good team player and have strong communicational and interpersonal skills
- Eager to learn and experience new technologies
Knowledge and experience in
- Developing web services (Restful, Soap, etc.)
- Version control systems (like GitHub)
- Databases (MongoDB and Apache Solr experience is a plus)
- Linux environment and deployment methodologies (e.g. docker)